26 Cocos Islands... all yours to explore.
2018 TOURS : JULY 7-14 | SEPT 25 - OCT 2
Explore all 26 Islands of the Cocos Keeling atoll on a stand up paddle board and escape winter with Zephyr 'SUP' tours and Ocean Addicts QLD.
This 7 day SUP adventure is action packed and suitable for most levels and fitness's. Each day there is a new route planned around the wind, tides & weather, making sure we cover as much distance and visit as many picture perfect beaches as possible.
The Cocos is set up purely for adventure, and what better way to explore than on SUP!
Making use of the natural tides, winds and currents, coupled with our local knowledge and ferry options, we can get to most Islands and explore more than 80% of the atoll in just 7 days.
Some of our favourite paddles include:
- Downwinders from the Yacht Club over the turtle playground to the Old Jetty or the Sweet Spot,
- A peaceful paddle from South Island through 'Lucky's past the amazing natural aquarium inside Pulu Maria
- Catching small re-formed waves on the outer reefs on West and Direction Island for bit of fun and balance technique (note: this tour is not for SUP surfing but we will dabble),
- Downwinder from Direction Island (feature image) to Home Island then across the spectacular 'blue holes' to West Island pub!
- Overnight camping adventure to deserted Islands with fishing, bonfires and good times.
Now with amazing inflatable technology, it's never been easier to travel with SUP's. Our epoxy SUP's are available to use, but we recommend you bring your own or you can purchase or hire from our partners at Ocean Addicts who will hand pick the most suitable board and paddle for you; sending it to your home in time for your Cocos Islands flight.
Please let us know what SUP you will be using at check out.
Included in this tour is:
- 7 days of guided SUP tours, activities and adventures,
- Use of one of our standard SUP's and paddle (upgrades available),
- All breakfasts, lunches & 4 group dinners,
- 1 night camping including tent & mattress (if you like camping),
- Accommodation (twin share) in self contained bungalows, cottages or house,
- All beach transfers in the Zephyr Troopy or support boat,
- SUP tour cap and Stainless water bottle.
Optional extras are:
- Upgrade to double skinned touring inflatable SUP from Ocean Addicts from $800 hire or buy,
(Posted to you before tour and must return or purchase)
- Bring our own SUP & paddle - must be inflatable due to small planes,
- Own room add $840 (single supplement)
- Bring your own camping equipment - Tent, matt, pillow, drybag etc,
- Touring camel pack and dry bag
- SUP booties
- Non-paddling friends and/or family options $POA.
NOTE: Package does not include flights - see 'Getting to Cocos' below.
Healthy & delicious meals
We know it’s important to be healthy and nourished while exploring every day, so we provide all breakfasts, lunches & refreshments at Zephyr HQ or at some other picture perfect location around the Island.
Because we love to hunt and gather as much as possible, the meal plan has been designed around the availability of fresh seafood, local produce and imported foods while also taking advantage of all the local food providers.
This 7 day tour includes: All breakfasts, lunches, daily treats, fruit, tea, coffee & refreshments plus 4 x group dinners.
We plan the self catered dinners around food events on Island or you can cook at your accommodation if you need some time out. Please budget approx. $25-35/meal (cash) for eating out .
If you have any dietary requirements we recommend you bring them with you or let us know upon booking.
As with all Zephyr Tours, we make sure your holiday is totally out of the ordinary to experience all the the Cocos has to offer.
Your action packed tour timetable will see you playing golf over the runway with a beer and the locals, feeding the sharks on dusk, trolling for coral trout, learning about the Cocos Malay’s and their culture on our Home Island tour, snorkelling and freediving the Rip on Direction Island and sharing a meal or hangi cooked by the locals.
Getting to Cocos
There are 2 flights a week to the Cocos & to Christmas Islands only on Tuesdays and Saturdays. Each day there is a round trip landing on both Islands. We plan our tours around the best times for travel from the east coast and beyond, where you can get connecting flights if need be.
Flights start from ~$950 rtn if booked early and can increase to ~$1500+ during peak times and as the seats sell out. To purchase flights to the Cocos Islands visit the Virgin Australia website or contact Island Explorer Holidays in Perth who specialise in the Indian Ocean Islands.
Make sure you book early to avoid disappointment as these tours are popular with just 8 spots and the Islands accommodation sells out fast.
A 50% deposit is required within 7 days of booking and balance due 2 months before departure.
Prices can change until paid in full.
2018 TOURS : JULY 7-14 | SEPT 25 - OCT 2
Save your spot now...